A (Not So Good) Legacy of my Grandma

My Grandma passed along many gifts to me. Some were wonderful (my artistic ability and some of the training to use it) and some were less than fabulous. Among the latter is her concept of a thing, lost, lying in some perfectly reasonable location and laughing at your inability to find it.

If there is anything worse than a steadily increasing and already vicious headache, it’s the concept of a bottle of Advil doubled over with laughter at your predicament.

Just thought I’d share that stellar concept with the world. Going to the pharmacy now.

Advertisements

6 Comments Add yours

1. mary hood says:

The real origin of that horrible visual is in fact Gammie (your grandmother’s mother) Could shed a little light on things hey?

2. Jeanette says:

How I can soooooo identify with that. Right now there’s a whole set of prismacolor pencils cozying up with the bottle of Advil just waiting to see how long it is before I lose it entirely.

3. Mom says:

LOL , OMG you made my day !! I’m not the only one who does that!!!

Have a good one!!

4. Ellen says:

crap did it again!!! sorry, its not MOM, its me 🙂

5. YenYen says:

LoL – the thing is the more you think about where you put it, the less chance you have of finding it. I learnt it the hard way. Now if I misplaced something important and I don’t feel really worried I’d just leave it as is, during the day I will stumble upon it, the subconscious mind remembers 🙂
    Have a great day!

6. askrachel says:

It could be genetics or simply the stress of life at it’s best. Either way – when you laugh about things the world seems right again.
    Hope you got your Advil:)
    —-America’s Next Sweetheart—-