… that ends well. A fitting way to describe yesterday as the body of it held the elements of both comedy and tragedy* and the ending was beautiful, yet marred slightly by bugs. Although Helena had a husband, not bugs. I had both, but I suspect my husband was more honestly come by.
Katherine was home sick for the day and I had acquired this same malady, so the day rolled out with a bit of a hitch and put paid to all the carefully laid plans to Accomplish Much. Still, between the coughing fits and mothering duties, I managed to complete the irrigation system in the greenhouse and plant the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and muskmelon and hook up watering posts to each. I also got the broccoli, cauliflower and swiss chard seedlings out and in the ground, covered with spun polyester fabric (which made such a huge difference in pest control with the Brassica species that I’ll never grow them without it).
It’s amazing what can be done in a garden by simply puttering. Hopefully I’ll get another afternoon of it today.
Additional note: Humpback whales have been seen in the last day or two around Flatrock, so the capelin are on their way in, which also means the capelin weather is on its way out!
*Note: All’s well that ends well is a Shakespearean play that is considered to be one of Shakespeare’s “problem plays”, since it cannot be neatly classified concretely as solely comedy or tragedy.